Avocado and Radish Baltic Crostini
by John Melngailis
Throughout the Baltic region thin slices of Baltic Rye topped with smoked fish or ham and a bit of garnish are cut into small wedges and served as hors d'oeuvres. We call these tasty bites Baltic Crostini.
Our signature Baltic Crostini recipe was created by Black Rooster founder John Melngailis and it has become a foodie favorite.
- Thin slices of Baltic Rye
- Honey Mustard (a brand of your choosing)
- Ripe Avocado
- Red Radish
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Spread honey mustard on bread
- Spoon avocado on top, then mash with a fork
- Cut bread topped with avocado into attractive small wedges
- Top each wedge with a crisp slice of radish
- Sprinkle coarse sea salt on top immediately before serving